Singapore has First World Government: delusional
Claim by one of the world’s longest ruling parties, the People’s Action Party, that Singapore, a one-party state, is a first world government is laughable.
This came about as Singaporeans go to the poll on May 7 against a backdrop of rising anger and resentment against the PAP.
A First World Government
1. has a multi-party Parliament
2. respects human rights
3. embraces democratic values
4. promotes an open and civil society
5. DOES NOT harrass and persecute the opposition
6. has strong democratic institutions
The Singapore government fails to tick any of the boxes above.
It’s a stretch for the PAP government to make the outlandish claim that it’s a first world government. Self-praise is no praise.
2 Responses to “Singapore has First World Government: delusional”
Comments are closed.